|Publications (Google Scholar Page)|
- “Impact of Rebates and Refunds on Contributions to Threshold Public Goods: Evidence from a Field Experiment,” 2016, with Matthew Donazzan and Boon Han Koh, Southern Economic Journal, 83(1), 69-86. [pdf]
- "Cultural Integration: Experimental Evidence of Convergence in Immigrants' Preferences," 2015, with Lisa Cameron, Lata Gangadharan, and Marina Zhang, Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 111, 38-58. [pdf]
- "Welfare Receipt and the Intergenerational Transmission of Work-Welfare Norms," 2015, with Deborah Cobb-Clark and Juan Baron, Southern Economic Journal, 82(1), 208-234. [pdf]
- "Optimal Technology Sharing Strategies in Dynamic Games of R&D,” 2014, with Deborah Minehart, Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 23(1), 149-177. [pdf]
- Working paper version can be found here. Contains results not in the published version. [Appendix]
- "Recursive Contracts, Firm Longevity and Rat Races: An Experimental Analysis," 2013, with Peter Bardsley, Nikos Nikiforakis and Tom Wilkening, European Economic Review, 61, 217-231. [pdf] [instructions]
- "Little Emperors Pose Behavioral Challenges," 2013, with Lisa Cameron, Lata Gangadharan, and Xin Meng, Science, 340(6130), 272-273. (Reply to comment by Zhao, Ma, Yao, Wan and Ng.)
- "Little Emperors: Behavioral Impacts of China’s One Child Policy,” 2013, with Lisa Cameron, Lata Gangadharan, and Xin Meng, Science, 339(6122), 953-957.
- "An Experimental Analysis of Dynamic Incentives to Share Knowledge," 2013, with Cary Deck, Economic Inquiry, 51(2), 1622-1639. [pdf] [instructions]
- "Relative Earnings and Giving in a Real-Effort Experiment," 2011, with Lata Gangadharan and Nikos Nikiforakis, American Economic Review, 101(7), 3330-3348. [pdf] [instructions]
- "Welfare-Reducing Mergers in Differentiated Oligopolies with Free Entry," 2010, with Daniel Piccinin, Economic Record, 86(273), 178-184. [pdf]
- "Cooperative R&D under Uncertainty with Free Entry," 2010, with Daniel Piccinin, International Journal of Industrial Organization, 28(1), 74-85. [pdf].
- "Propensities to Engage in and Punish Corrupt Behavior: Experimental Evidence from Australia, India, Indonesia and Singapore," 2009, with Lisa Cameron, Ananish Chaudhuri, and Lata Gangadharan, Journal of Public Economics, 93(7-8), 843-851. [pdf]
- "Subject Pool Effects in a Corruption Experiment: A Comparison of Indonesian Public Servants and Indonesian Students," 2009, with Vivi Alatas, Lisa Cameron, Ananish Chaudhuri, and Lata Gangadharan, Experimental Economics, 12(1), 113-132. [pdf]
- “Gender and Corruption: Insights from an Experimental Analysis," 2009, with Vivi Alatas, Lisa Cameron, Ananish Chaudhuri, and Lata Gangadharan, Southern Economic Journal, 75(3), 663-680. [pdf]
- "Buyer-Supplier Interaction, Asset Specificity, and Product Choice," 2007, International Journal of Industrial Organization, 25(5), 988-1010. [pdf]
- "The Decision to Patent, Cumulative Innovation, and Optimal Policy," 2005, International Journal of Industrial Organization, 23(7-8), 535-562. [pdf]
- "Optimal Licensing Policy in Differentiated Industries," 2005, Economic Record, 81(252), 51-64. [pdf]
- "On the Interaction between Patent and Trade Secret Policy," 2004, Australian Economic Review, 37(4), 427-435. [pdf]
- "Foundations of Relational Contracting: Experimental Evidence," with Brian Roe and Steve Wu. (earlier version appeared as IZA Discussion Paper No. 8704) (under review) [pdf]
- "Aggregative Oligopoly Games with Entry,” with Simon Anderson and Daniel Piccinin. (earlier version appeared as CEPR Discussion Paper DP9511) (under review) [pdf]
- "Scarcity of Ideas and R&D Options: Use it, Lose it or Bank it," with Suzanne Scotchmer, NBER Working Paper No. 14940. (under review) [pdf]
- "Scarcity of Ideas and Options to Invest in R&D," with Suzanne Scotchmer, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Economics, Working Paper 07-348. [pdf]
- “Horizontal Mergers with Free Entry in Differentiated Oligopolies,” with Daniel Piccinin, University of Melbourne,
Department of Economics, Research Paper #976. [pdf]
|Work in Progress|
- “Attribution Biases in Leadership: Is it Effort or Luck?” with Lata Gangadharan and Boon Han Koh.
- “Competing by Default: A New Way to Break the Glass Ceiling” with Lata Gangadharan and Erte Xiao.
- “Project Selection and Strategic Information Disclosure” with Guillem Roig.
- "Scarcity of Ideas and Optimal Awards in Innovation Contests," with Jun Xiao.
- "Motivations in Real-Effort Tournaments: Is it the Journey or the Destination?" with Lata Gangadharan and Boon Han Koh.
- “Errors in the Patent Office and Collusion in Innovation” with Simona Fabrizi and Steffen Lippert.
- "Political Connections, Social Network Investment, and Entrepreneurship,” with Raja Kali.
- "Entrepreneurship, Reputation, and Business Groups,” with Raja Kali.
- “Incentives to Search for Prior Art,” with Rosemary Humberstone.